Beginner Jiu-Jitsu in Union, MO
If you are interested in Beginner Jiu-Jitsu, Gracie Barra in Union, MO, offers various programs for new students. This includes children, teens, and adult classes. Get started right away by contacting our school today and learn more about MMA, Jiu-Jitsu, and how we can help. Contact us now at 636-266-9388
One of the most important steps for mastering Jiu-Jitsu is getting to know the fundamentals. Our school was founded in 2018, and we have students from all over Greater St. Louis. Our classes align with traditional Gracie program structure that is been proven to help people people develop their bodies, minds, and lifestyle. You don’t You don’t have to have a background in fighting sports to learn Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) in Union, MO –everyone starts somewhere. If you’re a beginner and interested in Jiu-Jitsu, give us a call and join one of our programs. Our instructors are here to help you learn the basics and cultivate discipline and strength. Learn more about our instructors here.
Learning Jiu-Jitsu at Gracie Barra in Union, MO
For beginners, learning the principles and philosophies of the art are critical for going down the path to learn BJJ in the Union, MO, area. Below are the basics of how our school operates:
- The Introduction:Most schools introduce BJJ’s history and basic techniques to new students. Certain courses may be tailored for kids or adults. Fundamentals are key like in other martial arts.
- Warm-Ups & Conditioning: Most sessions begin with warm-up exercises and mild conditioning. These exerices help improve a student’s flexibility, endurance, and strength to prepare themselves for more advanced techniques.
- The Fundamentals: Introductory Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu courses in Union, MO, tend to focus on fundamental techniques like guarding, mounting, escapes, and side control. Each of these techniques are fundamental for both safety and advancing your skills.
- Partner Drills: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu involves partner work. Typically, new students will partner with others at a similar skill level to practice movement, grappling, transitiongs, and other techniques. This allows newcomers to safely practice and apply more advanced elements of BJJ in a controlled environment.
- Sparring & Rolling: After stretching and other instructional lessons, most classes tend to lead into sparring (rolling). This is when you practice recently learned techniques you’ve practiced in a live situation. Sparring is usually light and basic so beginners to Jiu-Jitsu in Union can focus on basic techniques.
- Safety & Etiquette: Safety is an important component in BJJ. Our beginner Jiu-Jitsu instructors in Union, MO, prioritize safety and etiquette–this includes tapping out, how to signal for submission, respecting sparring partners, and following school rules and the BJJ lifestyle.
- Progression: Jiu-Jitsu schools value progression. As you learn more and practice, you’ll start to be taught more complex techniques, advanced movements, and concepts as you master the basics.
- Support: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu–as a foundational mission statement–cultivates a supportive and friendly environment as much as possible. Instructors and students are glad to offer a safe, fun environment for beginners in Union, MO.
- Gear & Attire: Comfortable clothing is another important component. The traditional gi is recommended–but not required. You may not need a gi right away.
More About Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu begain in Japan. The Gracie family (Carlos and Helio) adapted these techniques in the 20th century which became that we recognize today as Jiu-Jitsu. The fighting technique focuses on ground fighting, leverage, and allowing smaller opponents to face larger ones. BJJ has become a popular martial art to practice for MMA (mixed martial arts) and–just as useful–self-defense, physical fitness, and your overall lifestyle.
Learn more about us here:
- BJJ Competition Training
- BJJ Near Me
- No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu
- Best Martial Arts for Kids
- Muay Thai Near Me
- Adult Martial Arts Classes
- MMA Gym Near Me
- BJJ Schools Near Me
- Best Martial Arts
Competition is another important aspect to BJJ. Most events are organized by the IBJJF (International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation).
There are a number of benefits for training at Gracie Barra Washington. These include:
- Physical fitness
- MMA training
- Flexibility, agility
- Discipline & self-improvement
- Weight loss
One of the most important and notable elements of studying BJJ is self-improvement. Building your routine is healthy for your mind, body, and day-to-day life. Students can improve their cardiovascular health with regular exercise which can prevent the chance of blood pressure problems, heart attacks, and other medical conditions.
Physically, the training also helps with body alignment, range of motion, and weight loss. There are a lot of ways our beginner Jiu-Jitsu programs in Union, MO, can support your goals–it’s up to you to contact us to learn more or call our school now at 636-266-9388.