BJJ Near You
If you’re interested in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in your neighborhood, don’t hesitate to contact our team today. We help people of all ages and ability develop the skills you need to learn and eventually master BJJ. Like other martial arts, it takes time, dedication, and a solid work ethic. Our instructors will help you hone the skills you need.
Discover more about Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and contact us at 636-266-9388 or connect with our gym online to learn more about our classes. BJJ is accessible to everyone — given its history and roots in Brazil from the Gracie family, it’s important for us to provide a safe and enjoyable environment to develop skills that can be used for self-defense, health, and motivation.
About BJJ Near You
Below are a few things that will be helpful to learn more about Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu:
- History: The Gracie family developed this fighting technique in the early 20th century. Largely credited to Carlos and Helio Gracie, this techenique was inspired by Japanese Jujutsu and Judo.
- Positional Control & Ground Fighting: BJJ concerates on ground fighting that allows smaller individuals to grapple with stronger oponents.
- Sparring (Rolling): BJJ often includes live sparring sessions. “Rolling,” as it’s known, allow students to practice techniques against opponents. This practice and repetition is essential for skill development.
- Competitions: Not only is BJJ known for mental mental discipline and physical fitness, it’s practiced by people of all ages and abilities. There is a thriving competitive scene in the world of jiu-jitsu–most of these are organized by the IBJJF.
- The Gi: A gi is a uniform frequently worn by BJJ students. These are used for grappling. There are gi and no-gi styles.
- Philosophy: One of the standout aspects of BJJ is its emphasis on respect, discipline, and sportsmanship. Instructors help students develop skills both on and off the mat.
If you’re interested in self-defense, grappling, and physical fitness, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is an accessible martial art for all ages and various skill levels. Contact our school today to learn more.
BJJ Near Me and Learn Gracie Barra Techniques
Our instructors work with students and help fine-tune their techniques. We train students that want to learn self-defense and other grappling techniques. No matter your background or physical abilities, we can help you learn BJJ techniques to support mixed martial arts (MMA), self-defense, and improve your overall discipline.
As a global leader in martial arts (and with more than 400 schools), we teach the principles, philosophies, and fundamentals of martial arts.
Leave Your Comfort Zone With BJJ Near You
Develop physical skills and improve your life. The belt structure helps students practice discipline, train their bodies, and develop self-defense techniques. You can accomplish great things with BJJ and apply the experience outside of the gym.
There are a number of benefits for training at our Washington, MO, school. See below:
- Staying physically fit
- Learning self-defense techniques
- MMA training
We cannot stress enough the importance of positive habits and self growth. BJJ is difficult–what isn’t? Physical fitness is a great way to improve your life. If you’re looking for BJJ near me, see below to see why jui-jitsu can help you:
- Regular exercise helps improve cardiovascular health. This includes reducing the risk of heart disease, keeping blood pressure in check, strokes, and heart attacks.
- BJJ (and physical exercise) is of course great for weight management. Burn calories, build muscle, and have a reason to eat healthy–we can help.
- Exercise helps build and maintain muscle mass. This all contributes to strength, mobility, and metabolism. This helps protect your body and reduces various health risks like osteoporosis.
- Posture, enhanced flexibility, and mobility are also positive outcomes. Building a strong core is essential for physical health.
- Mental health is another benefit of regular, routine exercise. This includes sleep, more energy, stress reduction, and other benefits.
It’s important to note that the benefits of physical fitness can be achieved through various types of exercise. With Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, exercise and routine are paramount. Mindfulness exercises (like yoga and BJJ) help you strengthen and maintain your physical health. Contact our gym today for more information.
Jiu-Jitsu Near Me
Our instructors are standing by to help you practice and develop your abilities. We offer classes for children and adults who wants to pursue the art of BJJ. You can call us at 636-266-9388 or contact our gym online to learn more about BJJ near you.