Beginner Jiu-Jitsu in Pacific, MO
If you’re excited about Introductory Jiu-Jitsu, Gracie Barra in Pacific, MO, offers various programs for new students. We have classes for adults, teens, and children. Get started now by contacting our gym today to learn more about Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, MMA, and our courses. Call us today at 636-266-9388
One of the first steps to mastering Jiu-Jitsu is getting to know the fundamentals. Our school was founded in 2018, and we have students from all over the Greater St. Louis Metro area. Our classes align with the traditional Gracie program structure that is been proven to help students exercise their bodies, minds, and discipline. You don’t You don’t have to have a background in martial arts to learn Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) in Pacific, MO –everyone starts somewhere. If you’re a novice and interested in BJJ, contact our school and join one of our programs. Our instructors are here to help you learn the basics and cultivate discipline and strength. Learn more about our instructors here.
Learning Jiu-Jitsu at Gracie Barra in Pacific, MO
For beginners, learning the principles and philosophies of the art are critical for going down the path to learn BJJ in the Pacific, MO, area. Below are the basics of how our school works:
- The Introduction:Most schools introduce BJJ’s history and basic techniques to new students. Different courses may be designed for kids, adults, or MMA. Fundamentals are key like in other martial arts.
- Warm-Ups & Conditioning: Most sessions start with warm-up exercises and mild conditioning. Exercises help improve a student’s flexibility, endurance, and strength in order to prepare themselves for more advanced techniques.
- The Fundamentals: Introductory Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes in Pacific, MO, tend to focus on fundamental techniques like guarding, mounting, escapes, and side control. Each of these techniques are important to learn for safety reasons and advancing your skills.
- Partner Drills: BJJ involves a partner. Typically, new students will partner with others at a similar skill level to practice movement, grappling, transitiongs, and other techniques. This allows students to safely practice and apply more advanced elements of BJJ in a controlled environment.
- Sparring & Rolling: After stretching and other instructional lessons, classes will let students role (spar). This is when you practice whatever technique you have learned and practice in a live situation. Rolling is usually light and basic so beginners to Jiu-Jitsu in Pacific can focus on basic techniques.
- Safety & Etiquette: Safety is paramount. Our beginner Jiu-Jitsu instructors in Pacific, MO, teach safety and etiquette–this includes tapping out, how to signal for submission, respecting sparring partners, and following school rules and the BJJ lifestyle.
- Progression: BJJ schools are typically based on progression. As you train and learn, you will begin to be taught more complex movements, holds, and other techniques.
- Support: BJJ–as a foundational mission statement–wants to grow a supportive and welcoming environment as much as possible. Instructors and other students are happy to offer a safe and productive environment for beginners in Pacific, MO.
- Equipment & Attire: Comfortable clothing is important. The traditional gi is recommended–but not required. You may not need to buy a gi right away.
More About Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu begain in Japan. The Gracie family adapted these techniques in the 20th century that became what we recognize today. The fighting technique focuses on leverage, ground fighting, and facing oponents that might be bigger than you. This has become a popular martial art to practice for mixed martial arts (MMA) and–just as useful–physical fitness and self-defense
Learn more about us here:
- BJJ Competition Training
- BJJ Near Me
- No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu
- Best Martial Arts for Kids
- Muay Thai Near Me
- Adult Martial Arts Classes
- MMA Gym Near Me
- BJJ Schools Near Me
- Best Martial Arts
Competition is often another draw for new students. Many events are organized by the IBJJF (International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation).
There are a number of benefits for training at Gracie Barra Washington. A few obvious reasons include:
- Staying physically fit
- Learning self-defense techniques
- MMA training
- Flexibility, agility
- Discipline & self-improvement
- Weight loss
A notable component of learning Jiu-Jitsu is self-displine. Having a routine is healthy for your mind, body, and day-to-day life. Students can improve their cardiovascular health with regular exercise which can prevent the chance of blood pressure problems, heart attacks, and other medical conditions.
Physically, the training can help with body alignment, flexibility, and weight loss. There are a lot of reasons our beginner Jiu-Jitsu courses in Pacific, MO, can help you improve your life–and now it’s up to you to contact us to learn more or call our school today at 636-266-9388.