MMA Classes Near Me Rosebud, MO
MMA Classes Near Me Rosebud, MO. If you want to get in the best shape of your life and meet your ideal weight, pedaling miles to nowhere on an exercise bike or climbing onto a treadmill a few times a week in some Rosebud, MO gym just is not going to get the job done. You need to give Gracie Barra Washington and its mixed martial arts (MMA) classes near you a try today.
MMA merges many styles of martial arts into an exciting and new physical challenge, toning every muscle and burning fat better than other methods of exercise you will find at the Rosebud, MO gym. Not only that, the Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes work every faction of physical fitness – developing strength, flexibility and endurance all at the same time.
The Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes near you in Rosebud, MO are a fun way to practice the sport, learn self-defense, and develop an understanding of what’s happening in the moment, both in the ring and in life. The classes are for anyone and everyone who wants to learn and then master the ins and outs of one of the most popular disciplines in the world. Give Gracie Barra Washington a call as soon as possible at 636-266-9388 or reach out to us online.
MMA Classes Near Me in Rosebud, MO: What Exactly is MMA?
MMA is a full-contact combat sport that allows a wide variety of fighting techniques and skills from a conglomerate of other martial arts to be used in competition. The rules allow usage of both striking and grappling techniques while on the ground and/or standing. Tournaments and competitions near Rosebud, MO permit athletes of varying disciplines of martial arts to take part under a unified set of rules.
Although its beginnings are believed to date back to ancient Greece with pankration, MMA’s present form and style was popularized by brothers Carlos and Helio Gracie in the early 1920s. The Gracies got eyes on them by issuing the “Gracie Challenge” in area newspapers, declaring: “If you want a broken arm, or rib, contact Carlos Gracie.” MMA first drew the attention of many the attention of many in North America after the Gracie family chose to showcase its trademark Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in the U.S. in 1990. Helio’s son, Royce Gracie, represented the family in a 1993 tournament in Denver, Colorado, called UFC 1, referring to Ultimate Fighting Championship, the conglomerate that quickly became a MMA heavyweight. The tournament secured 86,000 pay-per-view viewers. That number jumped to 300,000 by the third event.
Originally denounced by critics as a brutal bloodsport without any rules — the late politician John McCain once referred to MMA as “human cockfighting” and sought to have it prohibited — the sport moderately got rid of its no-holds-barred image and has emerged as one of the world’s fastest growing spectator sports. Once on the precipice of dying out in 2001, the UFC now has an estimated value of $9-10 billion.
Gracie Barra is home to the world’s best MMA team, providing MMA classes near you in Rosebud, MO with programs for men, teens, and kids. The Gracie organization features over 400 gyms in North America and 900 worldwide, and your membership opens the door to any of them. Call us now to begin Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes at 636-266-9388 or reach out to us.
In addition to our MMA classes, Gracie Barra Washington offers the following classes to our Rosebud, MO neighbors:
MMA Classes Near Me in Rosebud, MO: What Techniques Does MMA Borrow From?
In the MMA classes near you at Gracie Barra Washington, your whole body will be trained and toned, while developing a plan to creatively merge some of the world’s most efficient fighting techniques into one discipline that you can use in the ring during competitions near Rosebud, MO or for self-defense. MMA is the mixture of martial arts, the blend of attacks that consistently keep students on their toes. Our MMA classes near you in Rosebud, MO embody methods from the following styles:
- Boxing – Referred to as the “sweet science,” Rosebud, MO boxers use detailed foot movements and quick jabs for offense.
- Wrestling – Regarded as the world’s oldest sport, the basis of wrestling is a contestant fights hand-to-hand, attempting to throw or take down their opponent without striking blows. Some wrestling modes include freestyle, Greco-Roman, and catch-as-catch-can.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu – Our namesake Carlos Gracie started the original Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 1925. He taught the skills he picked up from Japanese judo master Mitsuyo Esai Maeda. Those skills were later altered to use less strength and to be more successful against larger opponents, an obvious advantageous adaptation for MMA classes near Rosebud, MO.
- Jiu-Jitsu – An ancient Japanese martial art that encompasses throwing, joint locks, striking, and even weapons training.
- Judo – A Japanese martial art founded in 1882 by Jigoro Kano and derived from Jiu Jitsu. Judo is now an Olympic sport emphasizing throws. Attacking is banned, which is great as a practical teaching tool for new students in our MMA classes near you in Rosebud, MO.
- Karate – The term used to identify many Japanese and Okinawan martial arts. While known for powerful, linear techniques — a lot of which have been adapted into MMA fighting — a bunch of karate styles also include softer, rounded styles. Some of the common modes of karate include:
- Kickboxing – A spirited martial art merging boxing punches and martial arts kicks. Many different styles with contradicting rules exist, such as Muay Thai, full-contact karate, and Lethwei.
- Kung Fu – Also referred to as Gung Fu, Chinese Boxing, and Wu Shu. There are hundreds of styles of Kung Fu, some practiced near Rosebud, MO, and many of which are influenced by movements of animals.
- Taekwondo – Probably the practiced martial arts in the world, Taekwondo is a Korean style known for its extravagant kicking moves.
MMA Classes Near Me in Rosebud, MO: How Does MMA Teach Me Self-Defense?
MMA classes near you at Gracie Barra Washington give you the self-confidence necessary to defend yourself. Self-defense is as much about correct training as it is about strength and size in Rosebud, MO. The biggest, beefiest guy in the world can still lose a battle if he is not properly trained. MMA is the ultimate fighting method because it uses the best techniques from the various martial arts above, combined to give you precisely what you need to defend yourself or your loved ones in any situation. You will get plenty of practice training and sparring in our classes, meaning that you’ll be ready for whatever dangers you encounter near Rosebud, MO.
In any fight, movement is power. You can’t stand around and wait for your attacker’s next strike, you have to move. And quickly. The MMA classes near you in Rosebud, MO at Gracie Barra Washington help build a fighter’s reflex, which permits you to move smartly and quickly in any circumstance. You will know precisely where/when to strike and where/when to move.
Reach Out to the Home of the Top MMA Classes Near Me in Rosebud, MO | Gracie Barra Washington
The Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes near you in Rosebud, MO combine a cardiovascular and calorie-burning workout, burning up to 1,000 calories per hour, with muscle building and toning. That’s the perfect combination for students who want to lose weight, due to the fact that building muscle also increases the metabolism. Also advantageous is the stress relief MMA provides, which carries over into your work and personal life in Rosebud, MO, providing you with a necessary outlet for negative energy and emotions. Constant stress is bad for both your body and mind in Rosebud, MO.