MMA Classes Near Me Warrenton, MO
MMA Classes Near Me Warrenton, MO. If you want to get in the best shape of your life and meet your ideal weight, climbing onto a treadmill or pedaling miles to nowhere on an exercise bike a few times a week in some Warrenton, MO gym simply isn’t going to suffice. You need to give mixed martial arts (MMA) classes near you at Gracie Barra Washington.
MMA merges many styles of martial arts into a new and exciting physical challenge, burning fat and toning every muscle better than other forms of exercise you’ll find at the Warrenton, MO gym. Not only that, MMA classes at Gracie Barra Washington work every aspect of physical fitness – developing strength, flexibility and endurance all at once.
The Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes near you in Warrenton, MO are an ideal way to practice the sport, learn self-defense, and develop an appreciation of what’s going on in the moment, both inside and outside the ring. The classes are for anyone and everyone who wants to grasp and then master the ins and outs of one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Give Gracie Barra Washington a call right away at 636-266-9388 or contact us online.
MMA Classes Near Me in Warrenton, MO: What Exactly is MMA?
Allowing a wide variety of fighting skills and techniques from a conglomerate of other martial arts to be used in competition, MMA is a full-contact sport. The rules allow usage of both grappling and striking techniques while standing and/or on the ground. Tournaments and competitions near Warrenton, MO permit athletes of varying disciplines of martial arts to compete under a unified set of rules.
Although its origins are believed to date back to ancient Greece with pankration, MMA’s contemporary form and style was made popular by brothers Carlos and Helio Gracie in 1925. The Gracies got eyes on them by putting the “Gracie Challenge” in area newspapers, declaring: “If you want a broken arm, or rib, contact Carlos Gracie.” MMA first came to the attention of many the attention of many in North America after the Gracie family chose to showcase its trademark Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in the U.S. in 1990. Helio’s son, Royce Gracie, represented the family in a 1993 tournament in Denver, Colorado, called UFC 1, referring to Ultimate Fighting Championship, the conglomerate that quickly became a MMA behemoth. The tournament attracted 86,000 pay-per-view viewers. That number jumped to 300,000 by the third event.
Originally decried by critics as a barbaric bloodsport without any regulations — the late politician John McCain once called MMA “human cockfighting” and tried to have it banned — the sport gradually got rid of its no-holds-barred image and has developed into one of the world’s fastest growing spectator sports. Once on the precipice of extinction in 2001, the UFC now has an estimated value of $9-10 billion.
Gracie Barra is home to the world’s premier MMA team, providing MMA classes near you in Warrenton, MO with programs for men, teens, and kids. The Gracie family features over 400 gyms in North America and 900 worldwide, and your membership gets you into any of them. Call us now to begin Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes at 636-266-9388 or reach out to us.
Alongside our MMA classes, Gracie Barra Washington offers the following classes to our Warrenton, MO neighbors:
- BJJ Competition Training
- Beginner Jiu-Jitsu
- BJJ Near Me
- No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu
- Best Martial Arts for Kids
- Muay Thai Near Me
- Adult Martial Arts Classes
- MMA Gym Near Me
- BJJ Schools Near Me
- Best Martial Arts
MMA Classes Near Me in Warrenton, MO: What Techniques Does MMA Borrow From?
Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes near you, your entire physique will be trained and toned, while developing a plan to creatively merge some of the world’s most effective fighting techniques into one discipline that you can utilize in the ring during competitions near Warrenton, MO or for self-defense. MMA is the mixture of martial arts, the blend of attacks that consistently keep students on their toes. Our MMA classes near you in Warrenton, MO incorporate methods from the following styles:
- Boxing – Referred to as the “sweet science,” Warrenton, MO boxers use elaborate foot maneuvers and quick jabs for offense.
- Wrestling – Regarded as the oldest sport throughout the world, the premise of wrestling is a contestant fights hand-to-hand, attempting to throw or pin their opponent without strikes. Some wrestling styles include freestyle, Greco-Roman, and catch-as-catch-can.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu – Our founder Carlos Gracie started the original Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 1925. He taught the skills he picked up from Japanese judo master Mitsuyo Esai Maeda. Those skills were later altered to use less power and to be more successful against larger opponents, an evident advantageous adoption for MMA classes near Warrenton, MO.
- Jiu-Jitsu – An ancient Japanese martial art that includes striking, joint locks, throwing, and even weapons training.
- Judo – A Japanese martial art founded in 1882 by Jigoro Kano and evolved from Jiu Jitsu. Judo is now an Olympic sport spotlighting throws. Attacking is banned, which is great as a practical teaching tool for new students in our MMA classes near you in Warrenton, MO.
- Karate – The name used to identify a variety of Japanese and Okinawan martial arts. While known for powerful, linear techniques — a lot of which have been acclimated into MMA fighting — a bunch of karate styles also include softer, rounded styles. Some of the common modes of karate are:
- Kickboxing – A sportive martial art merging boxing punches and martial arts kicks. Many different styles with differing rules exist, such as Muay Thai, full-contact karate, and Lethwei.
- Kung Fu – Also referred to as Gung Fu, Chinese Boxing, and Wu Shu. There are hundreds of styles of Kung Fu, some practiced near Warrenton, MO, and many of which are influenced by movements of animals.
- Taekwondo – One of the most practiced martial arts in the world, Taekwondo is a Korean style known for its garish kicking maneuvers.
MMA Classes Near Me in Warrenton, MO: How Does MMA Teach Me Self-Defense?
MMA classes near you at Gracie Barra Washington give you the confidence necessary to protect yourself. Self-defense is as much about correct training as it is about size and strength in Warrenton, MO. The biggest, beefiest person in the Warrenton, MO area can still lose a confrontation if he is not properly trained. MMA is the ultimate fighting method because it uses the best techniques from the various martial arts above, combined to give you precisely what you need to defend yourself or your loved ones in any circumstance. You will get plenty of practice sparring and training in our classes, meaning that you’ll be ready for whatever dangers you encounter near Warrenton, MO.
In any confrontation, movement is power. You can’t stand around waiting for your opponent’s next strike, you have to move. And quickly. Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes near you in Warrenton, MO help build a fighter’s reflex, which allows you to move smartly and quickly in any circumstance. You will know precisely where/when to strike and where/when to move.
Reach Out to the Home of the Top MMA Classes Near Me in Warrenton, MO | Gracie Barra Washington
The Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes near you in Warrenton, MO combine a cardiovascular and calorie-burning workout, burning up to 1,000 calories per hour, with muscle toning. That’s the perfect pairing for students who are looking to lose weight, because building muscle also boosts your metabolism. Also advantageous is the stress relief MMA provides, which transfers into your personal and work life in Warrenton, MO, providing you with a necessary outlet for negative emotions and energy. Constant stress is bad for both your mind and body in Warrenton, MO.