MMA Classes Near Me Rolla, MO
MMA Classes Near Me Rolla, MO. If you want to get in the best shape of your life and meet your ideal weight, pedaling miles to nowhere on an exercise bike or climbing onto a treadmill a couple times a week in some Rolla, MO gym simply is not going to suffice. You need to give Gracie Barra Washington and its mixed martial arts (MMA) classes near you a try today.
MMA integrates many forms of martial arts into a new and exciting physical challenge, toning every muscle and burning fat better than other methods of exercise you will find at the Rolla, MO gym. Not only that, the Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes work every aspect of physical fitness – building strength, flexibility and endurance all at the same time.
The Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes near you in Rolla, MO are an ideal way to practice the sport, learn self-defense, and build an appreciation of what’s happening in the moment, both inside and outside the ring. The classes are for everyone and anyone who wants to learn and eventually master the ins and outs of one of the most popular disciplines in the world. Give Gracie Barra Washington a call as soon as possible at 636-266-9388 or reach out to us online.
MMA Classes Near Me in Rolla, MO: What Exactly is MMA?
Allowing a wide variety of fighting techniques and skills from a conglomerate of other martial arts to be used in competition, MMA is a full-contact sport. The rules allow usage of both grappling and striking techniques while standing and/or on the ground. Competitions near Rolla, MO allow athletes of varying disciplines of martial arts to compete under a unified set of rules.
Although its beginnings are believed to date back to ancient Greece with pankration, MMA’s contemporary form and style was popularized by brothers Carlos and Helio Gracie in 1925. The Gracies garnered attention by putting the “Gracie Challenge” in area newspapers, proclaiming in advertisements: “If you want a broken arm, or rib, contact Carlos Gracie.” MMA first drew the attention of many the attention of many in North America after the Gracie family decided to showcase its trademark Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in the U.S. in 1990. Helio’s son, Royce Gracie, represented the family in a 1993 tournament in Denver, Colorado, called UFC 1, referring to Ultimate Fighting Championship, the operation that quickly became a MMA behemoth. The competition attracted 86,000 pay-per-view viewers. That amount jumped to 300,000 by the third event.
Initially condemned by critics as a barbaric bloodsport without any rules — the late politician John McCain once referred to MMA as “human cockfighting” and sought to have it banned — the sport gradually got rid of its no-holds-barred persona and has developed into one of the world’s fastest growing spectator sports. Once on the verge of extinction in 2001, the UFC now has an estimated value of $9-10 billion.
Gracie Barra is home to the world’s premier MMA team, offering MMA classes near you in Rolla, MO with programs for men, teens, and kids. The Gracie family features over 400 gyms in North America and 900 worldwide, and your membership gets you into any of them. Call us now to begin Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes at 636-266-9388 or reach out to us.
Alongside our MMA classes, Gracie Barra Washington offers the following programs to our Rolla, MO neighbors:
- Muay Thai Near Me
- Adult Martial Arts Classes
- MMA Gym Near Me
- BJJ Schools Near Me
- Best Martial Arts
- Kids Martial Arts
- Jiu Jitsu Near Me
MMA Classes Near Me in Rolla, MO: What Techniques Does MMA Borrow From?
In the MMA classes near you at Gracie Barra Washington, your whole physique will be trained and toned, while learning how to uniquely mix some of the world’s most effective fighting techniques into one speciality that you can utilize in self-defense or in the ring during competitions near Rolla, MO. MMA is the blend of attacks, the mixture of martial arts that constantly keep students on their toes. Our MMA classes near you in Rolla, MO incorporate methods from the following styles:
- Boxing – Referred to as the “sweet science,” Rolla, MO boxers use detailed foot movements and quick jabs for offense.
- Wrestling – Considered the oldest sport throughout the world, the premise of wrestling is a contestant battles hand-to-hand, attempting to throw or pin their opponent without striking blows. Some wrestling modes include freestyle, Greco-Roman, and catch-as-catch-can.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu – Our namesake Carlos Gracie started the original Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 1925. He taught the skills he learned from Japanese judo master Mitsuyo Esai Maeda. Those skills were later altered to use less power and to be more successful against larger opponents, an apparent advantageous adaptation for MMA classes near Rolla, MO.
- Jiu-Jitsu – An ancient Japanese martial art that includes throwing, joint locks, striking, and even weapons training.
- Judo – A Japanese martial art founded in 1882 by Jigoro Kano and evolved from Jiu Jitsu. Judo is now an Olympic sport highlighting throws. Attacking is prohibited, which is great as a practical instructing tool for new students in our MMA classes near you in Rolla, MO.
- Karate – The term used to identify a variety of Japanese and Okinawan martial arts. While known for powerful, linear maneuvers — a lot of which have been acclimated into MMA fighting — a bunch of karate styles also integrate softer, rounded styles. Some of the popular modes of karate include:
- Kickboxing – A sportive martial art merging martial arts kicks with boxing punches. Many contrasting styles with contradicting rules exist, such as Muay Thai, full-contact karate, and Lethwei.
- Kung Fu – Commonly known as Gung Fu, Chinese Boxing, and Wu Shu. There are hundreds of styles of Kung Fu, some practiced near Rolla, MO, and many of which are patterned after movements of animals.
- Taekwondo – One of the most practiced martial arts in the world, Taekwondo is a Korean style known for its flashy kicking moves.
MMA Classes Near Me in Rolla, MO: How Does MMA Teach Me Self-Defense?
MMA classes near you at Gracie Barra Washington give you the self-confidence necessary to defend yourself. Self-defense is as much about training as it is about strength and size in Rolla, MO. The biggest, strongest person in the world can still lose a fight if he is not trained properly. Using the best techniques from the martial arts listed above MMA is the ultimate fighting method around Rolla, MO, combined to give you the tools you need to defend yourself the ones you love in any circumstance. You will get plenty of practice sparring and training in our classes, meaning that you’ll be ready for whatever dangers you encounter near Rolla, MO.
In any fight, movement is power. You cannot stand around and wait for your attacker’s next strike, you have to move. And quickly. Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes near you in Rolla, MO help develop a fighter’s reflex, which allows you to move smartly and quickly in any position. You will know precisely where/when to move and where/when to throw your strike.
Reach Out to the Home of the Best MMA Classes Near Me in Rolla, MO | Gracie Barra Washington
The Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes near you in Rolla, MO combine a cardiovascular and calorie-burning workout, burning up to 1,000 calories an hour, with muscle toning. That’s an ideal combination for students who are looking to lose weight, because building muscle also boosts the metabolism. Also advantageous is the stress relief MMA provides, which carries over into your work and personal life in Rolla, MO, providing you with a necessary outlet for negative energy and emotions. Constant stress is bad for both your mind and body in Rolla, MO.
Give us a call to begin Rolla, MO MMA classes near you and join the Gracie Barra Washington family today at 636-266-9388 or contact us.