MMA Classes Near Me New Haven, MO
MMA Classes Near Me New Haven, MO. If you want to get in great shape and meet your ideal weight, climbing onto a treadmill or pedaling miles to nowhere on an exercise bike a handful of times a week in some New Haven, MO gym just isn’t going to get the job done. You need to give mixed martial arts (MMA) classes near you at Gracie Barra Washington.
MMA merges many styles of martial arts into an exciting and new physical challenge, burning fat and toning every muscle better than other methods of exercise you will find at the New Haven, MO gym. Not only that, MMA classes at Gracie Barra Washington work every faction of physical fitness – developing strength, flexibility and endurance all at once.
The Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes near you in New Haven, MO are an ideal way to practice the sport, learn self-defense, and build an appreciation of what is happening in the moment, both inside and outside the ring. The classes are for everyone and anyone who wants to learn and then master the ins and outs of one of the fastest growing disciplines in the world. Give Gracie Barra Washington a call right away at 636-266-9388 or reach out to us online.
MMA Classes Near Me in New Haven, MO: What Exactly is MMA?
MMA is a full-contact combat sport that allows a wide variety of fighting techniques and skills from a conglomerate of other martial arts to be used in competition. The rules allow usage of both striking and grappling techniques while standing and/or on the ground. Tournaments and competitions near New Haven, MO allow athletes of varying disciplines of martial arts to compete under a set of unified rules.
Although its beginnings are believed to date back to ancient Greece with pankration, MMA’s current style and form was popularized by brothers Carlos and Helio Gracie in the early 1920s. The Gracies got eyes on them by putting the “Gracie Challenge” in area newspapers, proclaiming in advertisements: “If you want a broken arm, or rib, contact Carlos Gracie.” MMA first drew the attention of many the attention of many in North America after the Gracie family chose to showcase its trademark Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in the U.S. in 1990. Helio’s son, Royce Gracie, represented the family in a 1993 tournament in Denver, Colorado, called UFC 1, referring to Ultimate Fighting Championship, the organization that quickly became a MMA behemoth. The tourney attracted 86,000 pay-per-view viewers. That number jumped to 300,000 by the third event.
Originally condemned by critics as a brutal bloodsport without any rules — the late politician John McCain once called MMA “human cockfighting” and sought to have it banished — the sport gradually shed its no-holds-barred image and has emerged as one of the world’s fastest growing spectator sports. Once on the verge of dying out in 2001, the UFC now has an estimated value of $9-10 billion.
Gracie Barra is home to the world’s best MMA team, offering MMA classes near you in New Haven, MO with programs for men, teens, and kids. The Gracie family features over 400 gyms in North America and 900 worldwide, and your membership gets you into any of them. Give us a call now to get started in Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes at 636-266-9388 or contact us.
In addition to our MMA classes, Gracie Barra Washington offers the following programs to our New Haven, MO neighbors:
- Muay Thai Near Me
- Adult Martial Arts Classes
- MMA Gym Near Me
- BJJ Schools Near Me
- Best Martial Arts
- Kids Martial Arts
- Jiu Jitsu Near Me
MMA Classes Near Me in New Haven, MO: What Techniques Does MMA Borrow From?
Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes near you, your whole body will be toned and trained, while developing a plan to personally combine some of the area’s most efficient fighting styles into one discipline that you can utilize in self-defense or in the ring during competitions near New Haven, MO. MMA is the blend of attacks, the mixture of martial arts that consistently keep fighters on their toes. Our MMA classes near you in New Haven, MO embody techniques from the following styles:
- Boxing – Referred to as the “sweet science,” New Haven, MO boxers use detailed foot maneuvers and quick jabs for offense.
- Wrestling – Regarded as the world’s oldest sport, the basis of wrestling is a contestant fights hand-to-hand, trying to throw or pin their opponent without strikes. Some wrestling styles include freestyle, Greco-Roman, and catch-as-catch-can.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu – Our namesake Carlos Gracie started the original Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 1925. He taught the skills he learned from Japanese judo master Mitsuyo Esai Maeda. Those skills were later modified to use less strength and to be more effective against larger opponents, an evident advantageous adoption for MMA classes near New Haven, MO.
- Jiu-Jitsu – An ancient Japanese martial art that encompasses striking, joint locks, throwing, and even weapons training.
- Judo – A Japanese martial art founded in 1882 by Jigoro Kano and derived from Jiu Jitsu. Judo is now an Olympic sport spotlighting throws. Striking is banned, which is great as a practical teaching tool for beginners in our MMA classes near you in New Haven, MO.
- Karate – The term used to identify many Okinawan and Japanese martial arts. While known for powerful, linear techniques — a lot of which have been adapted into MMA fighting — a bunch of karate styles also incorporate softer, rounded styles. Some of the popular styles of karate are:
- Kickboxing – A spirited martial art merging boxing punches and martial arts kicks. Various different styles with differing rules exist, such as Muay Thai, full-contact karate, and Lethwei.
- Kung Fu – Commonly known as Gung Fu, Chinese Boxing, and Wu Shu. There are hundreds of styles of Kung Fu, some practiced near New Haven, MO, and the multitude are patterned after movements of animals.
- Taekwondo – One of the most practiced martial arts in the world, Taekwondo is a Korean style popular for its flashy kicking maneuvers.
MMA Classes Near Me in New Haven, MO: How Does MMA Teach Me Self-Defense?
MMA classes near you at Gracie Barra Washington give you the confidence you need to protect yourself. Self-defense is as much about correct training as it is about size and strength in New Haven, MO. The biggest, beefiest person in the New Haven, MO area can still lose a confrontation if he is not trained properly. MMA is the ultimate fighting method because it uses the best techniques from the various martial arts above, combined to give you the tools you need to defend yourself the ones you love in any circumstance. You will be ready for whatever dangers you encounter the in New Haven, MO area, based on the training and sparring in our classes near New Haven, MO.
In any fight, movement is power. You can’t stand around waiting for your attacker’s next strike, you must move. And quickly. The MMA classes near you in New Haven, MO at Gracie Barra Washington help develop a fighter’s reflex, which permits you to move quickly and smartly in any circumstance. You will know precisely where/when to move and where/when to throw your strike.
Reach Out to the Home of the Best MMA Classes Near Me in New Haven, MO | Gracie Barra Washington
The Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes near you in New Haven, MO combine a calorie-burning and cardiovascular workout, burning up to 1,000 calories an hour, with muscle building and toning. That is the perfect combo for newcomers who want to lose weight, because building muscle also boosts your metabolism. Also beneficial is the stress relief MMA provides, which transfers into your work and personal life in New Haven, MO, providing you with a needed outlet for negative emotions and energy. Consistent stress is bad for both your mind and body in New Haven, MO.
Give us a call to start New Haven, MO MMA classes near you and join the Gracie Barra Washington family right away at 636-266-9388 or contact us.