MMA Classes Near Me Pacific, MO
MMA Classes Near Me Pacific, MO. If you want to get in the best shape of your life and meet your ideal weight, pedaling miles to nowhere on an exercise bike or climbing onto a treadmill a handful of times a week in some Pacific, MO gym just is not going to get the job done. You have to give mixed martial arts (MMA) classes near you at Gracie Barra Washington.
MMA combines many styles of martial arts into an exciting and new physical challenge, burning fat and toning every muscle better than other methods of exercise you will find at the Pacific, MO gym. Not only that, MMA classes at Gracie Barra Washington work every faction of physical fitness – developing strength, endurance, and flexibility all at once.
The Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes near you in Pacific, MO are a fun way to practice the sport, learn self-defense, and build an appreciation of what is going on in the moment, both inside and outside the ring. The classes are for anyone and everyone who wants to learn and then master the ins and outs of one of the most popular disciplines in the world. Give Gracie Barra Washington a call as soon as possible at 636-266-9388 or reach out to us online.
MMA Classes Near Me in Pacific, MO: What Exactly is MMA?
Allowing a wide variety of fighting techniques and skills from a conglomerate of other martial arts to be used in competition, MMA is a full-contact sport. The rules allow usage of both grappling and striking techniques while on the ground and/or standing. Competitions near Pacific, MO allow athletes of different disciplines of martial arts to compete under a unified set of rules.
Although its origins are thought to date back to ancient Greece with pankration, MMA’s current form and style was made popular by brothers Carlos and Helio Gracie in the early 1920s. The Gracies garnered attention by issuing the “Gracie Challenge” in area newspapers, proclaiming in advertisements: “If you want a broken arm, or rib, contact Carlos Gracie.” MMA first came to the attention of many the attention of many in North America after the Gracie family decided to demonstrate its trademark Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in the U.S. in 1990. Helio’s son, Royce Gracie, represented the family in a 1993 tournament in Denver, Colorado, called UFC 1, referring to Ultimate Fighting Championship, the organization that quickly became a MMA heavyweight. The tournament attracted 86,000 pay-per-view viewers. That amount increased to 300,000 by the third event.
Originally condemned by critics as a brutal bloodsport without any regulations — the late politician John McCain once called MMA “human cockfighting” and tried to have it prohibited — the sport moderately shed its no-holds-barred image and has become one of the world’s fastest growing spectator sports. Once on the verge of extinction in 2001, the UFC now has an estimated value of $9-10 billion.
Gracie Barra is the home of the world’s premier MMA team, providing MMA classes near you in Pacific, MO with programs for men, teens, and kids. The Gracie family features over 400 gyms in North America and 900 worldwide, and your membership opens the door to any of them. Give us a call now to get started in Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes at 636-266-9388 or reach out to us.
Along with our MMA classes, Gracie Barra Washington provides the following classes for our Pacific, MO neighbors:
- BJJ Competition Training
- Beginner Jiu-Jitsu
- BJJ Near Me
- No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu
- Best Martial Arts for Kids
- Muay Thai Near Me
- Adult Martial Arts Classes
- MMA Gym Near Me
- BJJ Schools Near Me
- Best Martial Arts
MMA Classes Near Me in Pacific, MO: What Techniques Does MMA Borrow From?
Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes near you, your whole physique will be trained and toned, while developing a plan to personally merge some of the area’s most effective fighting techniques into one speciality that you can use in the ring during competitions near Pacific, MO or for self-defense. MMA is the mixture of martial arts, the blend of attacks that consistently keep fighters on their toes. Our MMA classes near you in Pacific, MO incorporate techniques from these styles:
- Boxing – Referred to as the “sweet science,” Pacific, MO boxers use elaborate foot maneuvers and quick jabs for offense.
- Wrestling – Considered the world’s oldest sport, the basis of wrestling is a contestant fights hand-to-hand, trying to throw or pin their opponent without striking blows. Some wrestling modes include freestyle, Greco-Roman, and catch-as-catch-can.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu – Our founder Carlos Gracie started the original Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 1925. He taught the skills he picked up from Japanese judo master Mitsuyo Esai Maeda. Those skills were later modified to use less strength and to be more successful against larger opponents, an evident advantageous adoption for MMA classes near Pacific, MO.
- Jiu-Jitsu – An ancient Japanese martial art that includes striking, joint locks, throwing, and even weapons training.
- Judo – A Japanese martial art founded in 1882 by Jigoro Kano and derived from Jiu Jitsu. Judo is now an Olympic sport emphasizing throws. Striking is banned, which is great as a practical teaching tool for newcomers in our MMA classes near you in Pacific, MO.
- Karate – The name used to identify a variety of Japanese and Okinawan martial arts. While known for powerful, linear styles — many of which have been adapted into MMA fighting — several karate styles also incorporate lighter, circular styles. Some of the popular styles of karate are:
- Kickboxing – A sportive martial art combining martial arts kicks with boxing punches. Many distinct styles with contradicting rules exist, such as Muay Thai, full-contact karate, and Lethwei.
- Kung Fu – Commonly referred to as Chinese Boxing, Gung Fu, and Wu Shu. There are hundreds of styles of Kung Fu, some practiced near Pacific, MO, and the multitude are patterned after animal movements.
- Taekwondo – Probably the practiced martial arts in the world, Taekwondo is a Korean style known for its extravagant kicking moves.
MMA Classes Near Me in Pacific, MO: How Does MMA Teach Me Self-Defense?
MMA classes near you at Gracie Barra Washington give you the self-confidence you need to defend yourself. Self-defense is as much about training as it is about strength and size in Pacific, MO. The biggest, strongest guy in the world can still lose a confrontation if he’s not trained properly. MMA is the ultimate fighting method because it uses the best techniques from the various martial arts above, combined to give you precisely what you need to defend yourself or your loved ones in any circumstance. You will be ready for whatever dangers you encounter the in Pacific, MO area, based on the training and sparring in our classes near Pacific, MO.
Movement is power in any fight. You can’t stand around and wait for your attacker’s next strike, you must move. And quickly. The MMA classes near you in Pacific, MO at Gracie Barra Washington help build a fighter’s reflex, which permits you to move smartly and quickly in any situation. You will know exactly where/when to move and where/when to throw your strike.
Reach Out to the Home of the Best MMA Classes Near Me in Pacific, MO | Gracie Barra Washington
The Gracie Barra Washington MMA classes near you in Pacific, MO combine a cardiovascular and calorie-burning workout, burning up to 1,000 calories every class, with muscle toning. That is the perfect pairing for newcomers who want to lose weight, because building muscle also increases your metabolism. Also ideal is the stress relief MMA provides, which carries over into your personal and work life in Pacific, MO, providing you with a needed outlet for negative emotions and energy. Consistent stress is bad for both your body and mind in Pacific, MO.