Self-Defense Classes in Columbia, MO
Defensive Classes Columbia, MO. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) is a martial art that requires commitment, instruction, and patience. Learning BJJ is open to just about anyone regardless of skill level or age. Our school in Washington, MO, helps students in Columbia understand and prepare for situations where self-defense is paramount–whether for practice or in real life. Reach out to our instructors today or give us a call at 636-266-9388
At GB Washington, we offer several programs for adults, teens, and children. Whether you’re training for an MMA or BJJ competition or want to be prepared for dangerous situations, our instructors are ready to help.
Self-Defense Courses Near You in Columbia, MO | Gracie Barra Washington
A Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) self-defense class in Columbia, MO, can teach you with practical skills and strategies for personal protection. Here are a few things to expect:
It’s important to choose a reputable instructor or academy that emphasizes martial art’s effectiveness and its application in real-world self-defense scenarios. Additionally, it’s important to prioritize safety and proper warm-up before engaging in any physical training. Learn more about our Columbia, MO, self defense classes and programs.
Learn more about us here:
- Jiu-Jitsu School Near Me
- BJJ Gyms Near Me
- BJJ Competition Training
- Beginner Jiu-Jitsu
- BJJ Near Me
- No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu
- Best Martial Arts for Kids
- Muay Thai Near Me
- Adult Martial Arts Classes
Gracie Barra | Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Self-Defense Training in Columbia, MO
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) as an organization and martial arts school of thought was set up by Carlso Gracie Jr. and other members of the Gracie family. The technique focusses on leverageand ground fighting that focusses on skills that allow smaller opponents to be confident against larger oppponents. Jiu-Jitsu is used in mixed martial arts (MMA), for physical fitness and to improve a student’s regimen for self-health and lifestyle routines.
Here are a few things to know about BJJ, its history, reasons for trying it out, and its success as a fighting style:
- Gracie schools were founded in 1986 by Carlos Gracie. The concept of the school was to create a global community that embraces brotherhood, integrity, and individual development.
- Founded in Brazil, Gracie Barra academies quickly went global. The organization’s growth was partly empowered by its experienced teachersinstructors and positive training environments.
- Most schools follow a standard curriculum designed by Carlos Gracie Jr. This curriculum ensures consistency in teaching and learning across all Gracie Barra gyms.
- Gracie Barra has produced numerous top-tier BJJ competitors that have excelled in major competitions. The organization has a strong presence in both gi and no-gi grappling tournaments.
- GB’s global expansion includes gyms in North and South America, Europe, Asia, and other parts of the world. Each academy follows the principles set by Carlos Gracie Jr. and contributes to the overall growth and development of jiu-jitsu.
- Gracie Barra places a significant emphasis on generating a sense of community among its students. The organization is known for promoting physical fitness, personal development, discipline, and respect.
- Gracie schools have been involved in philanthropic efforts, supporting initiatives that use martial arts as a tool for social development. The organization believes in the transformative power of BJJ in students’ lives.
Self-Defense Classes in Columbia, MO
Gracie Barra Washington offers a little bit of everything for everyone. You should reach out to our instructors today at 636-266-9388 to learn more about BJJ, our classes, memberships, and self-defense in Columbia, MO.